Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Meaning of a Day, and how it all worked out in the end...

So, lately, I have been running around to food banks and such, providing food, presents, and what have you for my little family, and some bills have been paid off because of that.....On top of all that, I have been looking for work, but still focusing on this potential tutoring job I had in Medford, but not holding my breath because that job seemed a little off....not knowing how stressed I was...how tired I would wake up in the morning after sleeping 8+ hours, how it took me a couple hours just staring into space to get ready in the morning.....

Tuesday, I drove out to this far away place called Williams for what seems like a wonderful almost full time but perfect for my stressload job, organic gardening for the purpose of  medicinal purposes.  It was a great interview, I even shared a little of why I believe in organic and healthy diet because of my history of bipolar...and how that has helped me get off some of the psychotropics...and shared how, for some odd twist of fate, I took these three business classes at Empire in Santa Rosa in an area that they were looking for in their field, yet have hardly set foot or have scant experience with office type situation, a volunteer job here, a few months there...what have you...but I felt a connection with those interviewing me and I left, praying for clear way home although I was low on gas, but with a sense of warmth in my heart...knowing that by friday I would know, but even if I didn't have it, I might surely have this part time job as a tutor...

well, then I ran out of gas, and because God is amazing, he provided the right people to help me get what I needed, with what I had left in my checking account to get two gallons of gas to get home, but was unable to get the money to get gas before leaving for the tutoring the next day, so was late, missed the appointment with the student, but cried hysterically to the school all the way because I was late (maybe that was a mistake) and got there, no one was there, there was no arrangement for me to even tutor, called the child's momma, got a voice mail which I said I would be available to tutor the next day...and went home feeling like all was well....

Woke up this morning, got some money for my husband to get gas, oil, and drove to Medford early to run some errands....when my car broke down, I mean, stalled, I mean, would start, then stop, then start, until it just seemed to collapse...So, through the course of a miracle of Medfordites (who really aren't bad people) they just live in a bad town, I found what seem like God-fearing tow truck drivers and auto repairers and got taken personally to work where upon checking my email I received this from my boss:


Hello Lia

Club Z Tutoring will no longer need your services in Medford. Please cease and desist any contact with students, Medford School District and Howard ES school officials immediately.

Thanks for your effort and good luck.

Neil

Well, this seemed a little bit strange.  I wrote back that I had in fact gotten to school on time for today's session, after dealing with my car breaking down, apologized for seeming inconsistent or unprofessional, and pretty much was a swell girl about all of that....seems like most people I talk to are seeing that this guy was the one that goofed up and tried to put all the blame on me...Oh well....maybe tomorrow the job in Williams will open up...and about our car...something will work out...

After losing that job, well, there was a moment of shock, since I really feel I did my best, and even one of the students' parents seems to still like me, but then peace...I wouldn't have the stress to think if I was going to work that week or if this boss of mine was coming through...it was over...so then I walked to the mechanic and got the time to rest and practice my lines and songs for the play and just feel happier and more at peace, less stressed, than I have in a long time.....

And when I think of how God came through this week, with the food boxes, free Christmas presents for my neices, yes, truly, ways for my husband and I to get stuff for ourselves, healing in my life and my marriage, and oh my goodness, free clothes...not just any free clothes...but really cool free clothes and shoes....and isn't that pure joy, girls?

So, what I learned from all this stress is to let the things that matter work themselves out and to let everything else fall by the wayside, to trust as so many people told me this week, "everything is going to work out" because it eventually does, in one way or another.....and God is the great provider and will do miracles if you just faithfully seek and trust him...

So, God, I love you, I trust you, and I place my heart in your hands once again.

Good night all and have a pleasant tomorrow...and a merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment