Saturday, December 17, 2011

Monica Saunders: One semester down, a year and half to go!

And so it has flown by, and now you await the final grades, as you toiled through faithfully on your studies throughout these last few months, and especially this last week, I praise you for your diligence, in hopes that that work will be transferred to your love of your creator, to seek that which is beyond, diligence to persevere to know Him beyond your preconceived notions, without bitterness, pain, or regret, but with freedom and love as you run into his arms freeily experiencing the gift of grace he offers to you.

For he truly loves you, and always has...despite your turning from him, or what you thought you did, for you never really left him and he never really left you.  Looking back at all the trials of emotion and darkness that you went through, can you now see his hand of faithfulness holding you still, watching over your every move, protecting you from doom or destruction, or endless pain...even the mistakes he allowed you to make, he offers his forgiveness and grace, at your receiving and opening your heart to them.  So, I implore you, this Christmas, in this moment, "Make room in your hearts for "him".  "He" has wronged no one, he has conquered no one, he has taken advantage of no one."


But, I do not mean this to be a lecture of your spiritual morality, only know that your position now as successful student with a focused future is an answer to my prayer, and your heart and readiness to open to prayer for me is also gratefully received.  And know this, as Paul writes, I speak to you of my own self for your heart, "For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ."


This Christmas and vacation I pray not only for physical rest, but rest for your soul, your heart, your mind, and that rest will come from the great physician and author of your faith.  Turn to him, Monica, and find the peace you have been seeking.  As I know your heart seeks companionship and love on this earth, know that what is reserved for you in heaven and even in this moment "betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ."  As a married woman, this is something I have to remember, that my first love, true love is my true bridegroom and savior.  And, please, do not be swayed away from his abundant love for you by your conviction of your lack of "virginity", I myself was over and over again a reborn virgin, which once repentance comes, brings freedom and grace as if you never committed the act.

Lastly, I congratulate your effort and remain your faithful friend and prayer warrior that God's grace, love, faithfulness, and mercy will carry you through the times to come, whether smooth or difficult, good times or bad, go forth with God and let his light be your guide.

"Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving."



No comments:

Post a Comment