Saturday, December 3, 2011

God The Healer: Day Three: God is with you


Day Three

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ, by the will of God” Ephesians 1:1


I believe wholeheartedly that recovery can only come through the work of the Lord working in us and revealing to us our shortcomings and sin. God alone can take a hurting lonely person and transform them into one that is whole, healthy, and of use to the kingdom of heaven. Furthermore, you need God to make you a new person
If in the midst of your pain and suffering you feel distance from the Lord, know that He is Emmanuel, God with us. Trust in the promise of Jesus’ words that He will never leave you nor forsake you. Trust in His words in Matthew 28:20, “And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” He is the eternal present and is with you right now in this moment. Study Philippians 4:6-7, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Believe that God has sent the Holy Spirit to dwell within you and He will bring to your remembrance the truths that you need for each moment. Pray these promises and scriptures into your heart so they can become the air that you breathe.

Now, turn to Psalm 139:7-12 and meditate on the meaning of these verses, what God is speaking to you. Then, cry out to the Lord and ask for relief from your pain. Be honest, for he hears you and is attentive to your cry.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,,
Even there your hand shall lead me,
And your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on
me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike
to You.



Psalm 139:7-16

Write out your prayer on the lines below.

The Lord is near to those who have a broken-heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.”

Psalm 34:18


No comments:

Post a Comment