Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day Fifteen: God the Healer: We are rich!

                                                             Day Fifteen

                              "according to the riches of his grace"  Ephesians 1:6


My head hurts, my back aches, I am so tired from running here and there, trying to take care of the bare minimums without a job or money coming into even pay for the gas we need, yet however, this scripture speaks to me of the immense wealth I have in Christ.  No matter the problem that ails me, the fears, or the results of past mistakes, I can rest in the grace of God knowing my security is in him.

Yes, I have been broke for as long as I can remember, even after college when my fellow classmates and friends are working high paying jobs, starting their careers, getting new cars, iphones, and paying off debt, I go crazy and end up with a diagnosis of bipolar and a failed teaching career.  But, one thing has stuck as I struggled through financially, not alone emotionally, these last few years, is that despite my poverty level, I am truly rich in the grace of God.  On Day 7, we talked about all the spiritual blessings God has for us, and truly we have that in more.  We have the assurance of our faith, that in hard times, he will come through.

As I have learned that and continue to learn that throughout the changing life's tides, I pray that the immensity of the knowledge of the riches of Christ's grace would be manifested to you today.  That whoever you are, Christian or NonChristian, that a little bit of the light of God would shine on you today, knowing that you are loved because of the grace given because of Christ's death.

You are rich, pilgrim, beyond your wildest imaginations.  Believe that your God will come through and will manifest a miracle specifically for you.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."  Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment