Sunday, December 4, 2011

God The Healer: Day Four: True Peace



Day Four

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 1:2

One cannot have true peace without experiencing God's grace first. Otherwise said, without receiving the grace of God through faith, we cannot receive the peace from God.
When I first became a believer, I knew in my mind about God’s grace but not in my heart. And having the influence of drug-addicted boyfriend, I was secretly believing that I could sin because of God’s grace abounded; a license to sin. I never truly understood the power of His free gift of undeserved favor and the inward change it brought about. It wasn’t until I fell over and over into temptation that I began to understand God’s grace and mercy. At every heartbreak, returning brought a confession of sin and a deeper understanding of God’s grace. And with all the turmoil the distance from God cost caused by my sin, receiving God’s grace brought true peace.

As Paul writes, “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Take a moment to reflect on how God’s peace has impacted your life and then write about those experiences here.


The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment