Monday, December 26, 2011

Be anxious for nothing, Jennifer Baker!

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, Rejoice.  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.  The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Phil. 4:4-7


So, Jen, as we just opened our hearts once again to be friends and you gave me the privilege to know what is going on in your life, your worries and concerns; that is my Christmas verse for you.  I pray that it will fill your heart with comfort and little bits of it will cross your mind and heart today and the days that come.  Whenever the worries and struggles come up, I beseech you, from my own experience, send up a prayer to God the Father asking for direction for your finances, for all of your life, for your little ones, and entrust that he will work and he will provide.

"take every thought captive to obey Christ"...This I also give to you, that when the worries come, you may just offer that up to Christ to be taken away from your heart, that as it says in the first scripture the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, would flood your heart with protection and joy.

Truly, I pray that the joy of the Lord, despite your circumstances, would be your joy this year to come.  That if times do get harder, there would be a supernatural covering over your household, and as things seem to get low and worries come up, as you, and I, pray that the Lord will increase your faith, that the God who provides, will provide for you abundantly.

For it was even Jesus that said, and I pray this directly enters your heart:

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?  And why are you anxious about clothing?  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we wear?" For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:25-34


And, without being too much of a pushy Christian, I don't know where you are at in the spiritually minded, but I just offer advice that, if you don't have one, that you find a church this year.  There, not only will you find a place that will remind you and your little ones of the Love of Christ, but the peace will enter your hearts and guard you from anxiety, plus there will be a church family that, God willing, will be ready and able to help you in times of need.  I recommend Hope Chapel Healdsburg, but any of the Hope Chapels will do, because they tend to be open to all types of people and very family friendly.  And, mostly show the love of God through their actions and not just their lips.

Also, I will check and make sure I have your address, I think I do.  If I do, I will try to regularly send you a little book that  you can read to center your heart on the one who loves, provides, cares beyond your wildest imagination.  The one who is your true love, bridegroom, and father to you and your children.

My heart breaks for you, as your gentleness has always been one to touch my heart and be a comfort to me, and so I just with an open heart hope pray that you will find the peace of God waiting for you without outstretched arms.

"If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."  John 8:31-32


Be free in his grace and mercy, his love that he sent and gives to you freeily.
Rest in his promises for provision, protection, and everlasting love.
He is holding you close; don't run from him.

In love, I offer myself to you as a prayer warrior and friend, and remember despite the difference between us,
we are forever linked by the spirit of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment