Friday, December 16, 2011

Suzanne Hansen: Happy Birthday, dear friend!

Oh my, what words do I describe the loveliness of your heart, the passion you have for your creator and your God, and the purpose you have in serving him, and not only him, but so many of your loved ones.

I honor you, Suzanne, because of what you have done in my life and am so thankful to have found you.  I praise the work that God has done in your life, such as, following your dreams all the way to the top and becoming the nurse you always wanted to be.  I am so excited to know that I was the one at the bottom, praying for you in the beginning struggles with anatomy or what have you exams...and look at you now, you made it through.

Why? Not just because of the grace of God who enables you (and that's a big one) but because of the prayers and love you offer to all, and that are offered back to you.  You are loved, blessed, prayed for by God and by all.  Walk in his grace today, and know you are loved.

Suzanne, when you get a chance pick up P.K. Hallinan's book "Heartprints" because you truly are one to embody the very nature of that book.  Not only did you reach out to me and remain patient while I put you and everybody else through the ringer, but the love you showed me was one of God's grace and infinite patience and faithfulness and, yes, joy.  It was infectious....and above all, "hope".  In God, In me, in yourself.

The book, Heartprints, is about leaving a little part of heaven, or a heart, on someone during your day by blessing them in some way.  As you voyaged through the struggles of my life, you left many heartprints of grace, hope, and strength on my heart.  The day you left you gave me a ring with the word "hope" written on it.  It remained a beacon of my recovery and got me through many a difficult time, remembering not only your love for me, but God's and, to put it in your words when you gave me that ring, "there is always hope"

Now, because of the "heartprints" you have passed on, I have been able to do the same to my beloved Maid of Honor.  Before I moved away to Oregon (as I was going to remove the ring anyway), she was going through a difficult time (which I won't go into detail here) so I offered her the ring, told her about you and how you had helped me, and that it had helped me remember truly, even in the darkest of times, God is always with you, will be your strength, and yes, there is always hope.

May that knowledge of the heartprint you impressed upon me and then eventually my maid of honor, be with you today and this year...and know because of who you are in Christ, there are still more you have touched and are touching.

I love you, miss you, and hold you in my heart, until God brings us together again.

A scripture that reminds me of you:

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."  2 Corinthians 1: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment