Thursday, December 1, 2011

God the Healer: Day One: A Complete 180?


Day One

The book of Ephesians was written by Paul, who was once called Saul. Saul underwent such a radical repentance and complete turning away from his sins that God soon referred to his name as Paul. Paul was called to bring the ministry of reconciliation to the gentiles. He forsake his position in the world, a Pharisee of the Pharisees, a position of high standing in the temple, a highly respected man in the temple to become a humble servant that radically affected the church of believers then and in all ages, even today. But, Paul suffered with an internal conflict; one that no doubt caused him much sorrow and suffering. He called it his thorn in his flesh.
“And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for me; for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”(2 Corinthians 12: 7-9)
No doubt you have suffered with something that can be seen as a thorn in you flesh. Depression, anxiety, bipolar, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Codependency can all be thorns in the flesh. On the lines below, write out the fears you have, ask God for relief for this affliction, or even complain and yell at God to take it away.

My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment