Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day Thirty-One: God The Healer: A message for the New Year

                                                      Happy New Year!

    "I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers"  Ephesians 1:16


A long discussion was had today about the nature of Christians and prayer life between my husband and I.  Something dawned on me, I mean, struck me as odd in my personal and public prayer life.  I mean, we Christians pray for the "poverty line", sometimes praying just give me what I need....But, in reality, God tells us what we ask for in faith, he will bless it with.  He will pour down the riches of heaven on us, if we look to him for all our needs.  He will give to us in abundance.  Why?  Because he loves us!  And, I, for one, have been praying this poverty line prayer when all along I have been reading scriptures like "ask and you shall receive...", "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all things shall be added to you"...."what you ask for in faith, shall be given..."  So, if I've got the faith, why aren't I asking that way?

So, I can't promise you, readers, that you won't go through troubles and difficulties this year, pain and sorrow, but I can promise you victory if you pray that way.  So, why not try taking God at his word and praying for victory and the ability to overcome our adversities and pray to thrive in the world?  Because, without sounding to name it and claim it, I am really starting to believe that God will bless you abundantly if you ask for it.  So, ask, in faith, and believe.  Ask for greatness and expect great things to happen.

So, one new years resolution I can make to you all, that I can't promise to be consistent at, is to pray for your abundance and victories this year to come.  So, tonight when you celebrate with your champagne, tip a glass of celebration that this year will be the year, that in faith, you will thrive, your dreams will be met, and all your needs will be taken care of, abundantly so.

Start praying, brothers and sisters, because he is looking to answer.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."  James 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment