Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Pastor Mark! May the heart of Christ reach you today!

I remember one of the first times I attended ACF, it was really the first time I heard the gospel.  I don't remember much of your service but I remember you saying, over and over and over again, Jesus + Nothing = Salvation.  You must have counted it on your fingers ten times.  It annoyed me then, but it stuck.

A few weeks later, on January 2nd, 2001, after a day of extreme suffering with depression, my boyfriend at the time started sharing the Lord, I remembered your statement (Jesus+Nothing=Salvation) and I also started seeing beautiful images of nature, of things that meant love to me, and I realized that that love that I had been seeking was found only in Jesus Christ.  I accepted Christ my Lord and began a wild, intense, love-filled journey with my Savior.  I owe part of it to your dedication to serve the gospel.

I hope you remember me as one of the Jesus Seekers that sought under Luke's tutulage, but as Luke was a brother, you were a father.  It was true that I was turning to boys and the party world to try to assuage the pain, hide from it, that really tormented my heart, but one thing is sure I always had some difficulty with a slightly emotionally abusive father.  Your commitment to pastor the church partially showed me what a true father's love was and not only have you been that person for me, many more have come into my life to be that person, and now I can say, with God's glory and perfect timing, that healing has begun to come into my heart and into my father's, that the bitterness I held towards him has been removed.  And, still through all of this, have learned that the Father in heaven is my perfect father.

I left the Party world, moved to Calfiornia away from what I knew, always with the promise that I would come back, and now I have.  Yes, I promise to return to visit you, I promise, I haven't forgotton  you and am so blessed that your remember me enough to pray for me that day in 2008, and to be my friend on facebook. Of course, I am sinfully attending another church (j/k) that is truly helping me see the Lord in a new way, but with the same truth that I learned in my early days at ACF.  You carried me when I could barely crawl and helped me always in every situation, to turn my face back on the Lord and find his will for my life.

Yes, I suffered and went through time of suffering, but it brought me closer to the Lord.  I felt your prayers and love during that time of separation a million miles away in California and in my heart.  Know this, my heart never left you, or any of you at ACF, or Ashland.  I give you my eternal friendship and heart as a sister in Christ and pray blessings over you today and for this year to come.

Let this scripture be one that speaks to you today, I found it in my personal studies this morning:

 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice.  Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.  The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious for anything , but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let  your requests be known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Happy Birthday, Pastor Mark.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

(Philippians)

No comments:

Post a Comment