Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day Seven: God The Healer: Holy and Blameless

                                                                      Day Seven

                                   "that we should be holy and blameless before him."
                                                                     Ephesians 1:4


Well, I hope that all of you have been finding one thing to praise God about, something I admit I have been wonton to do.  True, I pray for my own heart to be surrendered and for God to put a muzzle over my mouth that I may not speak out of turn, but I seem to always forget to praise him so hold on one moment while I do that...what I just praised God for, was for the fact that not only is he healing me and us, but that in his heavenly perspective, in the future tense, we are healed and we are complete.  And yet that he is not done with us, I praise him for that, and that he will complete the work of healing that he has done in us.

I praise God for the message of today, that he calls us to be holy and blameless before him, that that is in fact a spiritual blessing that he imparts to us.  Before I set aside time to praise God, I was going to write this long epistle about how we should clean up our acts to become holy and blameless, and for the most part this is the case.  We have things we need to lay down, all of us, that get in the way of a real relationship with our Lord, however, I don't think this is what this is saying.  I believe this is saying that we are already holy and blameless.

So, yes, if you have been a faithful reader, I have an anger problem and have lashed out in the past towards people to Calvary Chapel Healdsburg, my kids at the elementary school, my old boss, and now towards my husband's friends and even sometimes my husband.  Well, if you are a faithful reader, I want you to know that through constant prayer and diligence for healing, I have been able to slowly rid myself of that anger.  And, you who read this, no doubt struggle with some vice, whatever the spiritual milieu, and I hope that through your own practices you can lay that down.  But, despite our work at ridding ourselves of our negative coping strategies, we can praise God that he already sees us as a complete work and that through our pain, trials, mistakes, he imparts to us the gift of holiness and blamelessness before him.

So, I dedicate this to all of you, no matter what the spiritual practice, willingly offer yourself up to the one who cares, for me the Father of Lights, for he sees you as that perfect and complete creation and he loves you for who you will be.  In his eyes, you are holy, blameless, clean, perfect.  In the Christian sense, Christ cleans you up by his blood when you come to him, you need not try to do it on your own.

Be blessed and find rest in God's gift for you today, and let that be the healing balm that comforts your heart.  No need to journal today, unless you need to, but I simply ask that you share what you learned today about God's gracious gift of personal holiness with someone else today.

In his Son's name, I pray for your continual healing and dedication to him.

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."
Ephesians 2:10



No comments:

Post a Comment