Wednesday, September 16, 2015

In This Town: Chapter Ten: Teacher: The Subject of Young Girl Fantasy



Chapter Ten: Teacher: The Subject of Young Girl Fantasy

I called Joe when I got into the apartment. He listened quietly to my accounts of my time with Ed in Seattle but said little. I invited him over for dinner but he said he was busy for the weekend. He gave me the weekend off to rest, but said he'd be in touch early next week.

Early Monday afternoon, I made my way over to the college for my modeling gig. I stopped by the theatre department but Joe's class was already in session. So, I headed over to the cafeteria for a cup of coffee before my class started. Sitting down at a table with my coffee steaming before me, I opened a book, one that Ed had recommended last week. I am a confessed book nerd and usually have a stack of books I'm reading at one time. As I had opened the first page, I began reading quietly while sipping my drink. Someone walked up to me, I could feel their nearness, and cleared their throat to get my attention. I looked up and saw Riley, in all his charming geekiness, grinning down at me. I smiled, feeling the butterflies bouncing in my stomach.

“Hi,” he began. “How was your trip?”

“Good,” I replied.

“Successful?”

“Yes, of course,” I replied, smiling mysteriously.

“Good,” he began. “So you still want to watch Inuyasha later?”

I smiled up at him, his boldness, and felt an appreciation for his attention. But, my mind flashed to my phone conversation a few days back with Joe, remembering that he promised to get a hold of me.

“I think I might be busy,” I stated. He looked crestfallen so I added, “But I'll let you know.” He perked up a bit at that and said,

“Great, I'll see you in class.” He waved off and headed towards the art building. I put my book away, picked up my coffee, and made my way in that direction, slowly trailing behind him.

Upon entering the classroom, Ken secured me privately into the corner, on the ruse that he needed to discuss poses for that day when in fact he informed me of an upcoming arrangement he had made with Joe on our behalf. We were to meet tomorrow night at the Motel 6 for the full treatment, as he referred to it. I looked him over and winced inwardly, he must have saved up for this, but outwardly I smiled discreetly and invitingly.

“I'll see you then,” I gave, in my best attempt at an “I can hardly wait, come hither” look. He smiled, then turned off to address the class and begin the day's lesson.

After class, I quickly dressed and made my way over to the theatre department. The day's acting class was letting out and I asked a student if Joe was still in the classroom. The student nodded and I made my way towards the back of the auditorium, opening the door a crack to check if he was alone.

He wasn't.

Joe was talking to a student, a young pretty female student. They were laughing in that knowing way that shows interest. I could see the familiar swagger and flirtatious grin across his face. I stared motionless, not saying anything and not trying to reveal myself. I didn't want to watch yet I couldn't move. Through the muddle of the conversation, I heard the words from Joe's mouth “We'll hook up later” swim upwards towards me. I gulped back my tears. That was it, I clamored out the back, letting the door slam loudly behind me.

Biting back tears, I walked quickly towards my car. What was I thinking? Why was this such a big deal? Its not like I had a hold on Joe's affections and attentions, its not like this hadn't happened before. The first time we were together he was married, for God's sake. It wasn't like we were exclusive, so why did this sting? Why was my stomach tying itself up in knots? Tears welled up in my eyes and I blinked to hold them back.

Blurry eyed,  I hurried to my car. Behind me, I heard: “Anna?”

I turned, hoping against hope to see...and there stood Riley, coming forward.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I lied. “Just tired.”

“Oh,” was all he could say.

“How are you?” I gave.

“All right,” he began. “You left class so quickly.”

“Yeah, I...” I began but then trailed off not wanting to remember and swallowed my words, my tears. “Do you need a ride to work?”

“No, I got the day off,” he began. “Gladly so, got a lot of homework to catch up on.”

“Okay,” I said. Then before I could think it through, I said, “Do you want to watch that movie later?”

He smiled brightly and said, “I would love that.”

Without thinking, I gave him my cell number, the private line I gave to family and close friends, as he punched it into his phone under “Anna Reisling”. (I knew that because I had to spell out my last name three times before he really got it.)

I hurried off to my car and reached home a few minutes before Max headed off for work. I collapsed onto the couch in tears and he came and sat next to me.

“What's up?” he asked.

Sobbing, I managed, “I saw...Joe...”

“Yeah, and?”

“He was flirting with...another...student,” I coughed out sobbing.

“So?” was all Max could say, wonderingly.

“So?”

“Well, its not like you have a “normal” relationship,” Max began slowly. “I mean, he's like your, um, pimp, for what's it worth.”

I swallowed and dried my tears on the couch blanket. He had a point there, I knew, but I couldn't help feeling the pain. I nodded at him, knowingly, but the tears continued to roll down my face.

“When did this all become so complicated?” I asked.

Max looked at me and sighed.

“Maybe its time you take a look at your life and where its going,” he said, pushing my hair back out of my eyes. He was right, of course, he always was. I leaned against him.

“Careful,” he began. “I don't want your mascara running on my work clothes.”

I laughed and looked up at him. He grinned down at me.

“Max, you are more than a room-mate,” I started. “You are my bestest friend.”

“Ah, well I've finally achieved something,” he looked down at me. Then said, “You working tonight?”

“No, tomorrow,” I gulped remembering. “I've got a date with Ken Payne.”

Max looked at me and then rolled his head back against the chair laughing. I had told him all about my meetings with the art teacher.

“Is this a $200 deal?” he asked, still laughing.

“No,” I said. “I think he managed to scrape up a few more bucks.”

“Well, try and have fun,” he said, still laughing. “Enjoy your night off.”

“Yeah, I will,” then I remembered. “I invited Riley over.”

Max looked at me, disapprovingly.

“Oh no, don't start that,” he said at last. “Are you ready for a “normal” one?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, feigning innocently. “It's just a movie.”

“Sure, sure it is,” he stated. “Just be careful with that one.”

He headed off to work and two hours later Riley showed up at my door, movie and pizza in hand, gluten-free just like I asked. I offered to pay half but he shrugged it off. We sat on the couch, eating the pizza and sipping boxed red wine. The movie was quite entertaining. As the credits rolled, I looked over at Riley and noticed for the first time how quite handsome he was. His firm chin line jutted out, then his face sloped up to piercing blue eyes, and soft wavy brown hair. It flashed in my mind, could I actually do this without receiving any money for it?

He smiled down at me and our eyes met. I melted inside. For what seemed like a long time, we stayed like that. I was wondering if he was going to make the first move or if I should. I was used to men more forward or at least who knew what they want, as they had paid for it after all. Finally, he smiled at me, pushed back my hair from my face, stroked my cheek, then leaned down and kissed my lips. I leaned into him and drank in his scent. The next moment we were kissing passionately.


Laying in my bed later that night, I experienced an odd feeling of contentment. Next to me, Riley slept soundlessly, every now and then releasing a small snore. Having a man in my bed, who hadn't paid for sex was an unknown factor to me. Laying there motionless, I heard Max enter the apartment and thought I heard two more footsteps following him. I thought I heard a girl's giggle stifled as he headed into his bedroom. This shouldn't have surprised me at all. Max was a young, hot-blooded guy, he was allowed his sexual relations as I was. So what if he had never had a girl over as yet in our living together!

I closed my eyes and feigned sleep, counting the minutes until morning.

Around ten am, Riley stirred next to me. He pressed himself against me, wrapping his arms around me. I turned to look at him and he smiled at me.

“Good morning,” he said. Warmly, I kissed his cheek.

“You want some coffee?”

“That'd be great,” came his reply. I got up and grabbed my bathrobe and padded into the kitchen. As I busied myself with coffee, Max came out of his room. He beamed at me.

“Morning,” he said and I looked him over.

“Good night last night?” I asked.

“Yeah, actually,” he started. “About that--”

He was interrupted as simultaneously a girl came out of his room and Riley came out of mine. They stood awkwardly staring around at us. I moved towards Riley with a cup of coffee and handed to him.

“Max?” I began. “This is Riley.”

“Hello, Riley,” Max said. “I'm Max, Anna's room-mate, that's all.”

He then turned to the girl and put his arm around her.

“Anna, Riley, this is Janet,” he said slowly, then finished with, “My ex, well, not anymore.”

She smiled up at him and he kissed her. So, this was the ex that had brought him down here and taken off, breaking his heart? Well, who was I to judge with all my relationship woes and sexual exploits?

“Nice to meet you,” was all I said. I knew Max and I would have our living room pow-wow later on, after they had left, and both of us would have our warnings to give each other.

After Riley had dressed and I bid him off, saying I'd call later. I padded into my bedroom to check my phone and email messages. There was a missed phone call from Joe. I clicked over to voice-mail and listened.

“Busy last night, sorry I didn't get in touch. Call me when you can.”

I put the phone down and pulled my knees up to my chest. So, that was it. The reality of it hit hard.

I didn't know who I should feel more sorry for, the new student fling or myself. Here I was, reliving it all again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment