Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cafe-Girl: A Story of Coffee, Sex, Cigarettes, & True Love



Act Two, Scene Two

(They sit side by side, on the Look-Out, passing a bottle of wine back and forth.)

James:

When I saw you again, I knew I had made the biggest mistake 6 years ago, letting you go.

Deborah:

I used to dream I'd see you again, used to hope.

James:

Actually, when you left, moved away. It hit me, then. I thought I'd lost you forever.

Deborah:

But, here I am.

James:

Deborah.

(They kiss.)

Deborah:

Forever.

James:

You really mean it?

Deborah:

Yeah, I do.

James:

Okay, then.  Forever.

Deborah:

So, you staying with friends?

James:

Yeah, but trying to find my own place.

Deborah:

How's that going?

James:

Not so good. They want references. I haven't lived anywhere for awhile now. You know, doing the homeless thing, basically.

Deborah:

Right. What about work?

James:

Not really, but I can work freelance, for now.

Deborah:

So, you have money coming in?

James:

Yeah, sort of.

Deborah:

Well, I'm looking for a room-mate---

James:

Yeah.

Deborah:

Maybe, you can, you know, live with me, for awhile, or something.

James:

Really?

Deborah:

And, I'm pretty set, basically, financially.

James:

Basically...

Deborah:

So?

James:

I'll do it. Yeah, let's try it.

(lights fade)

No comments:

Post a Comment