Saturday, January 17, 2015

The "Curse" Approaches!

Vagina Diaries Day Thirteen


Well, maybe I shouldn't label it as the "curse", if you couldn't figure out what I am referring to, I mean the woman's monthly, or to be blunt, my period.


First off, why am I referring it to the "curse?"  Not because of some connection to the religious doctrine of previous years where Eve's "sin" caused all of us women to be forever endowed with the pains of childbirth and monthly bleeding, blues, and bitchiness but more so because the week-long bleeding (give or take a few days) will interfere with my newfound pleasure in wearing sexy underwear (see: g-string or as my boyfriend happily refers to it as "butt floss") and also will interfere with, well, my sex-life.  (I kid you not, I take lots of pleasure in making love with my 56 year old boyfriend, with age comes experience and vast degrees of knowledge, if you catch my drift.)

But, when it comes down to the spiritual and emotional side of things, should I really refer to this monthly cycle as a "curse"?  Can I, despite the pain and other discomforts, see some kind of blessing in it?



Usually, at least part of me, does not see it as "a curse".  For me, as an empath, I am highly intuitive both physically and emotionally to the bodies of other women around me, be it close sister-friends or acquaintances of sorts walking by, in that I can feel almost instantly the cramps in my very own uterus that they are feeling (maybe not to the same degree) and also going so far as having my cycles linking up with those closet to me.  See, my best friend in college and I both share a "special" memory of bemoaning over mutual cramps while pigging out on cheap pizza and watching movies late into the evening because we couldn't sleep.  Also, when I was in high school and a camp counselor, where all the women counselors had their periods synched during the full moon (poor male counselors, really) but that was a major turning point for me in the understanding of the feminine connection!


So, for that reason, I should treasure the monthly cycle, taking precautions to keep off the pain for the most part, as a vital aspect of the feminine divine connection, or in lay-women's terms....Girl Power!

No comments:

Post a Comment