Friday, January 23, 2015

There's Power in the Pussy!

Vagina Diaries Day Fifteen

Sorry for the delay but I have been a bit under the weather the last two days, am still recovering, from the shivering affects of the flu.  Dagnabit!  Thus, its been a struggle to string coherent words together to form sentences as I lay shaking underneath the covers waiting for the fever to subside.  Today, I am a bit better and able to write something, even if the sense of it is not too clear.

Is it just mere coincidence or a synchronicity but recently on facebook I've noticed a lot of quotes and posts referring to the great V; comments of which are helping me gain insight into this reflective study I am on.

The other day I found an interesting post on facebook of a quote by the Great Betty White.  It referred to the weakness of the male anatomy and the strength of it's female counterpart.



After reading the entire book, The Vagina Monologues", written, comprised (originally performed by) Eve Ensler (the actual book, not the script), I can actually understand just what the "pounding" the Vagina does indeed take.  Its not just a mere sexual reference either, although that thought did cross my mind, dirty that it is, with delightful glee and longing.  But, so much abuse is forced upon women both physically and emotionally, as I am sure in other ways, throughout every society and in every country.  Even more than rape, there is the practice of clitoral circumcision, women in some countries such as Afghanistan are forced to hide their bodies or face severe beatings,  and so many more emotional disturbances that affects the entire psyche and life of the woman, thus perpetrating itself into the very heart and soul of every women kind, for we all are connected.

And, it is together, we fight.  And in that, together we survive.

For coming out of an abusive marriage myself, I have looked around and become acquainted with other woman of similar past situations, all of them seem not only to have a sense of resignation but also one of vast internal strength.  Yet, if asked, they wouldn't think of themselves as having strength, but really in just doing what needed to be done at the time.  And, in that there is strength.

So, yeah, the vagina takes a beating.  As our favorite Golden Girl said,

"If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina!"


No comments:

Post a Comment