Saturday, January 3, 2015

Vagina Diaries Day 2

January 3rd, 2015

(A day late but what they hey!!)

I was in the drug-store the other day, randomly walking the aisles and I was looking at all the stuff we use on our vagina, like monistat and vagisal, stuff to keep it either healthy or clean or both, rather.  It made me think about how as a culture we spend so much to keep it "decent" and yet in the end that stuff doesn't always work, our bodies get used to the medications.

I realized gratefully how I have not needed any sort of stuff like this since I found out a few years back when I found out that I had celiac's disorder, and that before that I had these painful UTIs and such all too frequently.  (A note for those of you that have frequent issues such as these, get a blood test for celiac's, just a thought!)

When I started this journey, I realized that I still felt a little uncomfortable with this topic; my vagina.  However, I feel the need to celebrate the fact that as I go further in my life journey, I have grown less afraid of the whole thing.  I no longer see it as dirty, am no longer afraid to touch it without feeling shame (and know the appropriate time to do so), and love being able to pamper myself there with special soaps and washes to help it stay clean, smell nice, and pretty.  This, I believe wholeheartedly, in an improvement not only in my acceptance of my vagina but in my overall sense of self-worth as a woman.  I am not out to seduce a man merely because of my physical body or because I can openly express my femininity.  I am strong, powerful, and highly capable of anything I put my mind and focus on, desires of my own spiritual and creative growth.


No comments:

Post a Comment