Sunday, February 9, 2014

Passion...

My old college class-mate, Peter, is having trouble in his marriage so he conjures up an image of me from my younger days, as a fantasy.  I am all too happy to comply and this is why...

In reality, I am Juno, as I said a former class-mate of Peter's from college.  Unbeknownest to me, back then he had a wee bit of a crush on me but due to the insecurities of the twenties never acted on it...to his shame, I would have quickly and swiftly complied.  I was a geek, what men thought of as a 'hot geek', although I had no idea of the hot part, so there never seemed to be a lot action in a certain department, if you know what I mean.  I spent many a Saturday night in college in my dorm room, alone with bon-bons, the tv, and my anatomy book.  (I studied nursing.)

I met my husband, Biff, in graduate school.  He worked in a factory in town and would hang out at the local tavern down the street from the university.  I thought it was quaint and a study on psychology, a course I was taking at the time.  He was blue collar, which fascinated me in a thrilling yet repulsive sort of way, to be smarter and more powerful than my mate was a new thing.  I thought it would always be that way; I would be the one with the high powered career...

In reality, I am now in my early 40's , kind of frumpy but trying to get back in shape (always).  I gave up nursing when I got pregnant and started focusing on raising my children.  I settled, is what I think.

My husband is now overweight, comes home from work, takes off his boots, and sits in front of the boob tube every night with a beer, falls asleep that way.  Maybe once a week we have sex.

In the late evenings, I sit on the back porch, longing for the old days, smoking cigarettes and drinking scotch straight from the bottle (in secret)---

Imagining myself in my former hot "geeky" body...

When I suddenly became the subject of a man's fantasy, if only in the psychic abilities of imagination...

See what happens next Saturday, February 15th and Sunday, February 16th at Paschal Winery in Talent, Oregon.  Doors open at 6:30.

https://www.facebook.com/events/703614122993149/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Juno is a character based on a character from the play, Passion Play, by Catherine Noah.  Catherine Noah is a local Southern Oregon playwright.

http://www.paschalwinery.com/Winery.html

No comments:

Post a Comment