Sunday, March 20, 2022

The Meaning Of Equinox #daffodils

 

 

Though its stormy now I feel safe
Within the arms of love's discovery.

To begin with, the spring equinox represents the time of year when the sun is directly above the equator, providing the length of time for both sunlight and daylight to be equal.  Furthermore, this also  marks the time when the Sun's pathway, the eliptic, intersects with the celestial equator intersect. The celestial equator can be thought of as a great circle dividing Earth's sky into the two different hemispheres of North and South, this imaginary line above Earth's equator.  During the vernal equinox, the sun crosses into the Northern Hemisphere, as mentioned above, thus the start of spring and warmer climates while the Southern hemisphere begins to lose the daylight, heading into the cooler climates of fall and winter.  


If one were to board a spaceship and head into the great beyond, peering downwards at earth today, the earth's Northern and Southern Hemisphere's trade places in the receiving of direct sunlight.


For the deeper power significance of Spring Equinox, we must reflect on the time of year it re-emerges coupled with all that has transpired directly before, both personally and collectively.  


As the world enters Spring, it is as an awakening.  For many months before, starting in September, the earth has appeared to have nestled into a deep slumber, all things in nature become bare, such that even our souls dig deeper within.  With the dawn of Spring, nature seems to re-emerge from its long sleep, new life becomes to bud all around, so to our souls' begin to awaken, newfound energy bursts forth driven from the long rest of the winter repose.  Such then, is the spiritual learning of the spring equinox, a time to awaken our creative desires, to focus our hearts on the abundance of what may come.  

Eleven years ago, on this day, I was getting married, in a ramshackle thrown together ceremony, so duped by the manipulations of my ex, using me for a solid foundation, and my need to escape into the hope of true love without.  Thus, this weekend and day always brings about an emotional tumult for myself, as all can relate to those specific anniversarsies marking a turning point in our lives, never to be forgotten even throughout the growth and changing tides of our souls' evolution.  ( Ex: on the collective, September 11th and, most recently, January 6th.)

On this day, eleven years ago, I was not who I am today, having recently left my childhood home under the control of my father once more, as well also recently left the controlling aspect of fundamentalism yet still trying to cling to the moniker of Christian, I was, in a very real sense, far less awake and aware of my whole self than I am, increasingly, today.  Added to that, the stress of being in the presence of toxic energy vampires on the regular made it extremely impossible for me to have any energy to think on myself.  Therefore, I was unable at the time to truly understand the meaning and power of the spring equinox and the new life it was, thus, starting me towards, not of wedded happily ever after bliss, but that of peace ever after within.

At last, that is where I sit today, more and more, happily at home within, falling more and more in love with myself.  So, on this day, as I reflect on where I was once, I am thankful for the lows and the highs that brought me out of the storms, away from those that wish to destroy, and awakened furthermore into my true power, full awareness, and destiny.  

Today, I am thankful not only for the strength of myself and the true power of  self love, but that of the love of friendship that was officially started upon this day eleven years ago.  Started when, my now soul-sister, Katy, driving down i5 and stopping on the side, to retrieve beautiful, golden daffodils for mine and my maid of honor's bouquet.  From that start, the meaning of the daffodil is not lost on me today:

"Daffodil flowers begin to pop up when winter ends. They're a symbol of spring and symbolise new beginnings and rebirth. They're a positive, life-affirming symbol, with a bright and joyful yellow colour. Daffodils are strong, resilient flowers that pop up year after year."


It was because of her dedication on that day, that it was made special, and thus as the spring awakens to new life, the friendship between us blossomed like an ever flowering daffodil itself.  Throughout the years of my marriage and what unfolded afterwards, Katy was a strong supporter and listener in my fight to recover and thrive.  As the years continued forth, our friendship grew away from that of our connection with a man-boy but of the truest of soul sisters, a deep, knowing and understanding life-long.  From that, not only did I acquire a soul-sisterhood with her, but many more would come about, including a deeper connection to those I had been close for years before. Most notably, I found my path finally connecting with that of the first ex-wife of my former spouse.  Into my life she came, and bringing with her, peace in a time of upset and tumult, from that foundation burst forth love uplifting always.

Thus, that spring equinox and the many that followed, including today, represents to my heart the true power of sisterhood, of chosen family, and in that  birth of new life, empowered relationship with self and others, abundance overflowing, such as the daffodil.  


On this day, I know not truly what will unfold on the tomorrows to come, but my promise to self and others is to remain open to the highs and the lows, to listen within and be guided, to be ever transparent with those I love and those I shall meet along my pathway of soul's evolution. 

Though its stormy now I feel safe
Within the arms of love's discovery.






No comments:

Post a Comment