Monday, September 28, 2020

Biden 46? A Call To Action!

 


Election 2020 is fast approaching and our country is in the most perilous position it has ever been.  I think the rational on both sides of the spectrum, right, left, and far, can agree to that, if not anything else.  Among the craziness of the protests, pandemic, and forest fires a plenty, there is also the wide division not between the parties but also within.  

Those with my mindset lies the divide between the blue or the green, the democrat or the progressive.  Ultimately, whatever political belief you ascribe to, we all want the same thing, the best for our country, but moreover our world.  That is the commonality of which we all should rest upon and use that to fuel against hatred and evil, with that guiding us with a clear, focused conscience to vote with our own minds, no fear of judgment cast upon us.  

Against my better judgment, I will most likely be voting for good ol' Joe this election.  I do not hold the same reservations and, even, repulsion towards him as I do for Mrs. Clinton, but I also know that with him at the helm it's not the ultimate best for us to impact true change, but it is what we need in order to salvage what remains of our country in order to save us from the burning fires of our impending doom.

So, Biden/Kamala has my vote, but what do I think that entails? Yes, Trump will be voted out and we can begin to sort of begin the reparations of our country.  Sort of.  I have a fear of voting Biden that will give me pause as my black pen lingers over the circle by his name.  

The thing is, love him or hate him, Trump has done something to our country that is given us an element of the positive.  What the hell, you say? Hear me out.  (And I will also refer you to this past entry: Donald Trump may be the best "president" we've ever had!) With Trump at the helm and all the disarray and madness that ensued, the threat of our very livelihood and rights at stake, we have had to do the one thing we always truly feared, and do fear even out of the political realm, we have had to wake up from our comfortable and perceived safe lives.  We have had to fight and begin the revolution that "we the people" have always needed.  

My greatest fear for a Biden presidency is after he takes office in January 2021, "we the people" will see the warm sparkle in his eye, the wide, welcome of the toothy grin, the call back to the Obama era, and we will ever so swiftly slip back into our comfortable and perceived safe lives, with the false trust that all is well and right with our little country and world.

I implore you, do not do this.  Do not lull yourself back to sleep.  Stay awake, continue to fight.  Joe Biden is just as much a puppet to the corporate system of our government, part of the establishment as anyone else.  He is not your hero, nor truly is Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, Mitt Romney, or anyone else. See: Be You, Be A Hero!

The United States of America is your country first and foremost.  The governing officials are elected to serve you, not you them.  They are servants, not celebrities and should be treated and act as such.  

So, yes, my black pen will most likely fill in the bubble by Biden's name, but I won't linger there.  My focus on getting my progressive views will look below his line with the express purpose of building the cause upwards on the ladder.  I will cast my vote for the other candidates and bills based on my personal belief and decision.  And, I will not blame or shame those that do not vote another way that may oppose mine and I ask that none do this to me.  We must be civil and stand in the pathway of love in order to enact true change for our country, our world, and the citizens of tomorrow, the children in our lives.  

Stand in your belief, vote your conscience no matter what, and educate yourself to emphasize the integrity of that belief. 

Watch Sen. Bernie Sanders' Full Speech At The 2020 DNC

Thoughts on what you just read? I welcome your comments and viewpoints, even if they differ from mine in anyway.  Please comment below and I will do my best to respond fairly and with heart. 

The Thriving Artist is a subset of Cafe-Girl Productions, Inc, a film and media company with the express purpose of bringing positive light and change to the world.  Support us at: www.patreon.com/cafegirlproductions


No comments:

Post a Comment