Sunday, August 9, 2015

Young Love Lost!




I still remember that walk we took, my lost love, remember it almost down to the last detail.  The night we almost but not quite fell in love, two kids we were young walking the golden path, innocent of what lay beyond in the future days to come.  In the brightness of the sun, the world's glaring eye, our love would shatter.

In the days previous, I'd tried to restrain from loving you, in the days after, I tried to hide our budding romance, either way I sought approval from those who would never give it freely.  In the end, I lost you.

But, oh that night, forever etched in my memory.  I can walk the path we took, in footstep and in my mind.  The words we shared are slowly fading, lost in the past, but the emotion felt, the newness of young love in all its mystery and grandeur, the overwhelming ecstasy and passion too.

I wish I could revisit just to see you look at me once more, to feel your touch like that again, your eyes not so distant meeting mine without looking away---

To be in that moment again, hands clasped in one anothers, two lovers eagerly awaiting the hopeful approaching kiss, like fair Juliet and her Romeo we were, ill-fated but not for that night alone, for then we had forever and always...

No comments:

Post a Comment