Monday, May 4, 2015

Lessons I Learned From Helga

Day Two


When I first got the part of Helga Ten Dorp, as I tackled both the lines and the dialect, I also turned to a little research of the psychics who went before, from The Amazing Kreskin to none other than Sylvia Browne.  In addition, I set out on a discovery to develop my own spiritual skills and understandings through various spiritual books of different beliefs and practices.

First, I learned that psychics and the like are not necessarily demonic, as I had been taught to believe, and in fact, do believe in God and that their gifts come from the above aforementioned.  I also learned that even Sylvia Brown herself is not just out for money and fame, but has a real history with her psychic powers and a sense of contributing those for some good.  Although I did use a lot of my back story of Helga with the life of Ms. Browne using as a guide her balance of staying true to the authenticity of her gifts as sent from above and for the higher good as well as the old need to make a buck reality.

But ultimately, as I poured through these texts, learned to meditate, and learned new aspects of spiritual diversities, I discovered that spirituality happens along the way and is not merely just a mountain-top experience.  If one's eyes are open, and that of the spiritual eyes or even the third eye as some may call it, every little instance of one's day can reveal a fresh understanding of the great beyond, the mystery beyond our existence in this world.  As my boyfriend who newly acquired contacts jokingly referred to putting one in his third eye, I have found that is in a sense what we need to do daily, to keep ourselves alert to the messages from above that are always present.

From watching the TV show, Lost Girl, and realizing that at long last I have found my 'lost girl' to seeing that the notion of 'read & release' is truly an act of service (See: read a book and then pass it on) to the similarities of maintaining physical health to one's spiritual health, these and much more are those truths that continually reveal themselves to me daily, as I keep myself open to the world revealing itself before me.  With no need to push those views on others, but to trust in the Universe's path for all people and to boldly and brilliantly live my path for all to see.

Yes, its true then, spirituality happens along the way!



No comments:

Post a Comment