Sunday, March 29, 2015

And, I'm "Born-Again?"

The meaning implied in the phrase "born-again" connotes "Rebirth."  Yet, does that meaning truly apply to our contemporary usage of the term "born-again?"

When, I was walking the fundamental path, I clung to the identity of "born-again Christian" or even "born-again virgin," but while I professed a sense of freedom and outward acceptance of the rules supposed to help me find peace, I found myself more and more having the joy sucked of out of me  in the increasingly restrictive lifestyle enforced upon me.

And then a few years back, I was truly re-born.

It was when I kicked my ex out, symbolizing that of the showing all those who perpetuated abuse upon me the exit door.  I found at last my true self, my real identity, and sense of purpose.  And, then I embraced it.  I embraced that freedom and found true happiness.

Today, I stand with eyes wide open, fully awake, as I see that of my truest desires and hopes coming into place, naturally and with minimal effort before me.  I stand upright and fully experience with joy the life and beauty revealing itself before me.

I do not mean for this to put down those in the fundamental, right -wing Christian life-style.  I am no longer bitter or angry towards any who choose that path.  On the contrary, when I listen to their stories and programmed speeches, as it were, I find myself looking passed the propaganda and seeing the true heart of the speaker, the good intentions beneath.  It is no longer the path I choose for myself; but I can respect, regardless, that that is the path they have chosen.


So, at last, I have truly been 'born-again.'

Jacqueline Pollock                                                                                      Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment