Thursday, March 26, 2015

Drawn to Dragons!

I've never paid much attention to dragons and all that goes with that.  I mean, I always thought they were pretty cool but I was never too obsessive about them.  Until recently...

Recently, I've been watching "Game of Thrones" and feeling myself more and more drawn to Emilia Clarke's character, Daenryus Targaren.  Why? Well, not merely because she's the Mother of Dragons, but of what that represents in her overall character.



Recently, I wrote on facebook, "If Daenryus Targaren doesn't become queen of Westeros, I quit."

Why? Because her desire for the throne is vastly differs from the reasons others' are seeking it.  And, her overall means of attaining it appear to come from a different place.  Daeny, as they call her, appears to be seeking to rule based on a feeling of her own birthright, or rather, her destiny not out of a hunger for power.

Okay, isn't this the same reason others are giving for reaching for the throne?  Somewhat, but their way of going about it appears different than that of the lovely Daenryus.

She's maintaining a sense of fairness and justice as she pursues her dream, as well as, being a champion for the underdog.  She goes so far as to free those in captivity and then taking them under her protection as part of her rising kingdom.  From this view of power, she is able to withstand any fear as she takes her power and pursues her dream.



I've never been one to fall into the 'politics' of any sort of work environment, choosing rather to maintain open and loving friendships with all people, believing as Anne Frank once said that 'people are truly good at heart,' but lately I've seen that this path is inevitable as I continue to pursue my dream.

For this reason, I find mirroring that of Miss Targaren the most appropriate way in maintaining my sense of fairness and love for all people.  By doing this, I choose to accept the 'political' striving of those around me while still opting to follow my dreams, remain true to my calling, and help those downtrodden.

So then, when I look at an image of a dragon, it represents a symbol of all of this, of how I want to be in this world of sometimes unethical striving and how I choose to pursue my destiny.
(FYI: If wanting to get me any sort of gifts, make it a dragon!)



Indeed, as the lovely Daenryus stated:

"I'm going to do what a queen does, I'm going to rule."

No comments:

Post a Comment