Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lorelei the Lory!

My name is Lorelei the Lory.  I am a little girl of about 9, although some may say I resemble a bird.

One day when my mother was on her way to town, she forbid me to leave the house whilst she was gone and not to go out to play with my friends.  After she had left, I grew quickly bored with my surroundings and my toys and thought nothing else but wanting to be outside playing with my friends.  Mischievous as my temperament is, I decided to once again "forget" my mother's orders and go out to the wide world to find my friends.

As karma would always have it, I got caught in some kind of a freak flash flood made by this ginormous little girl (who I had never seen before) with my friends.  When we finally found the shore, we were soaking wet and very cold.

My friend, Dory the Dodo, came up with this very fabulously fun new game called the "Caucus Race", which she promised us would help us dry off.  So, the race began with mass confusion and ended almost as soon as it had started and we were all dry and even better had all won!

All given prizes, strange as they were, were dutifully handed round by the very large little girl.  Once given out, we tasted the treats which I made me choke and almost die, having been saved by my best buddy, Eddy the Eaglet who patted my back.

All seemed well and it appeared as if the flood had been my only punishment until nosy Miss Marcie the Mouse accidentally told my mother all about our adventures that day.

See more of my crazy adventures and those of my friends starting next Thursday, 11/20 at the Bellview Grange's Theatre Convivio's production of "Alice in Wonderland".

Alice In Wonderland Event Invite

Lewis Caroll's "Alice In Wonderland" is adapted by Evalyn Hansen.  It is directed by Richard Heller and stars McKenzie Baratta as Alice.  The show runs from November 20th through December 6th at Theatre Convivio in Ashland, Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment