Thursday, November 13, 2014

Meet The Fish!

Hello there, Allow me to introduce myself; my name WAS Sir Edward Lightfoot, from the mystical land of Archelia, where I was the main Lord of the land, for a time, that is, until---

Anyway, the community was a small fishing village, where I made my wealth with the taxing of the townsfolk (perhaps a little too much, I do admit now, regretfully).  With this money, I had myself knighted, even though I never fought any battles.  I lived this life in a sense of pride and entitlement until one fateful day---

On that day, a mysterious, old, traveling woman came through town selling her wares of magic.  I wanting to have that magic for myself, but she, knowing I meant this for evil gain, spirited me away to Wonderland as punishment for my evil deeds.  Upon coming into that land, I was made personal footman to the Red Queen, something that would have caused great pride, if I hadn't been turned into a sort of half-man, half-fish creature as further punishment.

The frog-footman, a distant relative of mine from somewhere, is my counterpart in service to the Duchess.  I do not like him, as this stems from my past life with him in the land of Archelia, however I do not remember this life whatsoever.  I only know that I hate him still but thankfully feel myself superior to him because of who I serve in comparison with his mistress.

See more of my crazy adventures and those of my friends starting next Thursday, 11/20 at the Bellview Grange's Theatre Convivio's production of "Alice in Wonderland".

Alice In Wonderland Event Invite

Lewis Caroll's "Alice In Wonderland" is adapted by Evalyn Hansen.  It is directed by Richard Heller and stars McKenzie Baratta as Alice.  The show runs from November 20th through December 6th at Theatre Convivio in Ashland, Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment