Friday, November 28, 2014

Lots of Gratitude on Thanksgiving 2014



As I sit here, sipping my coffee, just waking up, my mind tries to wrap itself around just how much I have to be thankful for...

I can't help letting my mind go back to two years previous, when I was married...life was overwhelming stressful at the time, and when the holiday came, I was home with a husband who slept the day away on the couch while I (ever one to try & make holidays majorly celebratory) attempted to cook the whole meal...

Days leading up to this, I had been going from work to rehearsal to home where I would be either yelled at for something I didn't do or given the silent treatment..And now, on Thanksgiving, the only other person in the room besides me slept on the couch, without offering to help...while in California, at my parents' house, a huge family gathering was taking place and I was more alone than I had ever been....

That feeling of loneliness & despair is something I am very grateful to not have any longer. Now, I have much to be thankful for:

1.) Michael, my life partner, boyfriend, best friend who 'gets me', makes me laugh, loves me, loves being around me, enjoys the same things as me, listens to me, appreciates me....I am really glad this isn't a fling!

2.) my cats, one of which snuggled with me this morning with my arm around him, and the other of which is snuggling down on my chest at present, making it rather difficult to type...however, for that I am thankful, if I didn't have it, well life would be a little less beautiful

3.) My family, both blood-related & extended

4.) My wonderful friends, so many to name, for the past friends who are still with me, thank you for being there & believing in me throughout all these crazy years, for the present friends, thank you for your presence in my life, you encourage me to grow & follow my heart & dreams in many ways daily, make me laugh a lot, & I look forward to many many years to come

5.) I am thankful that I am living the "real life", the life I had always dreamed of, hoped for, but never really thought existed....

6.) For my freedom in so many many ways....

7.) For my ever-growing spiritual growth, that deepens & guides me no matter how diligent I am

8.) That I am finally paying off long-standing debt & moving forward with financial freedom independence

9.) That I am finally able to focus on my true calling & "career path" and I foresee fruitfulness both financially & spiritually in this area in days to come

No comments:

Post a Comment