Friday, August 24, 2012

The Fire of Refinement: Conformed to His Likeness

Have you, of lately, had your spiritual thirst quenched by the Lord's springs of goodness?  Has your soul found satiation with the richness of his sustenance?

I strive each morning to fill myself up with the Spirit of the Most Holy so that as I go about my day, I can pursue that of which will bring me peace in my daily routine and struggles, all the while giving him honor in my diligence to serve him in small ways.  In this spiritual filling, I can choose to pour out that water of life upon the thirsty souls and hearts of those I come across in my walk.

Blessed am I to trust, for in hard times and trials is when my heart will be refined.  Lately, the words, restoration, repentance, and refinement, pop up in my daily studies of scripture and prayer; my thoughts on this is that I shall soon, and presently, go through a period of spiritual cleansing, freeing my heart from pride, anger, selfishness, in short, my ego.  Through this divine healing, I shall rest in the presence of the Holy One, in knowing that I shall be made into the likeness of Christ, something pure, a diamond.

Refinement, for me, is the process of learning to trust and obey, as he walks me through hardships and leads me faithfully through uncharted territories. 

I need not fear the purification that shall come for, yes, I  have struggled and gone through darkness of the soul, mind, and heart in recent time, where, at times, I could not see or feel God's presence, yet He was there in the midst of my despair.  In time, he brought me out of the pit and set my feet on stable ground.

So, the momentary afflictions that He will toss my way are only that, temporary.  In these moments, I can truly trust that He is with me and has, for himself, suffered far greater troubles on my behalf.  I pray that I will have the grace of God, the strength afforded to me because of the cross, to abide, trust, and watch and pray.

Today, let us all confess our transgressions so that we can know true forgiveness and find healing, truly coming to know the freedom we are all meant to have, in Christ.

He who has ears to hear, let him hear

No comments:

Post a Comment