Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Circumcize this!

"the ear is uncircumcised"

Without my daily quiet times, my ear can and will become uncircumcised--centering myself, feeding and filling my heart, with what glorifies him.

This then will bring him pleasure and will bring me pleasure and bring pleasure to all those around me and those I meet...(Wow, such a pleasurable experience writing that run-on sentence).

In everything I put my attention towards, without the LORD, I will not be able to "hear the message" of his story in all I focus on---books, Doctor Who, theatre, plays, interactions with others.  My heart and mind will be less quicker, if at all, to pray, which will cause my soul to grow cold, hard, then the root of bitterness will spring up and I will be less moldable to his grace--

Not in his will, not be of use to him, not trying to 'further the kingdom' as I will not be pouring out his grace or filled with the spirit.

Not showing the world his love...

No comments:

Post a Comment