Friday, July 17, 2020

You can never go home again. Well, I did.


They say you can never go home again
That change is the only constant

But today I did go home again, in a sense
To my first Ashland home, where the journey began
I recall the young girl I was, naive, hopeful
I would tell her her life won't work out the way she has planned
There will be trials, sufferings, immense mountains to climb...
But she won't go it alone
It will not be as she wants but it will end far better and for a greater purpose
As I walk through the halls, dilapidated and empty, save some discarded placard pointing direction, as if a memory visual...a bit of scrap here in there, furniture stacked and stored away....empty empty rooms...
I feel her walking, see her inner struggle but by her side I feel so deeply those that peopled her experience here, strengthening, carrying, walking with her....cheering her on
I feel them by my side also, our voices ringing with laughter stronger, more present within my soul than a memory
On the day she moved in, she will never know that to come will be
One sided water gun fights
Simpson's marathons, vampire movies
Prank calls, leaf fights
Late night laughter in each others dorms
Sneaking off for illicit adventures
The night of the mad hair dying
Her friend's excitement over her trip to France
Astoria stories and other high school memories to share over 40s or grappa or red red wine
Late night cramming in the computer lab
Dead week stress that would haunt our nightmares for all of life
Random hookups that shall never be spoken of again, laughed over years to come
New love to celebrate
Heartbreak to commiserate
Walking downtown late Friday night
Skipping down Siskiyou Blvd at midnight after Fight Club
April fools dress up parties
It is all so effortlessly vivid to me in these halls
Although the building may be marked for a not yet set future demolition,
The friendship will remain,
Solid and forever

This blog is dedicated to, with my eternal love and gratitude, to my college friends; Matt, Mark, Errol, Corky, Jamie, John, & Cordelia
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend























































Closing time
Time for you to go out go out into the world.
Closing time
Turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time
One last call for alcohol so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time
You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home
Closing time
Time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time
This room won't be open 'til your brothers or you sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits
I hope you have found a
Friend.
Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

I love to hear your comments and try to reply. So, say what you gotta say.
The Thriving Artist is a subset of Cafe-Girl Productions, Inc, a film and media company.  Support us at: www.patreon.com/cafegirlproductions

No comments:

Post a Comment