Saturday, April 18, 2015

Finishing Well

After the Vagina Diaries and the Vagina Monologues were over, when I set out to write more of a spiritual-minded focus, I envisioned something like "the psychic diaries" or something of that nature, a daily entry following my progress in the realm of all things spiritual, a concrete guideline of sorts.

But, I'm starting to see that spirituality in all of its outpourings is anything but concrete or easily defined, but is truly infinite and limitless.  Those moments of divine inspiration as it were happen along the way, when you're driving to work, running errands, cleaning out the kitty litter box, or other times doing something truly spiritual such as meditating or praying.

The point is, spiritual inspiration and learning is not something one can whip up at a moment's notice but is something that is both surprisingly spontaneous and meditative.

Thus, the lesson that has making its way in my head for the last few weeks has been simply that of "Finish Well."  Just those two simple words are what propel me forward.

Awhile back, I started the process of renewing my substitute credential.  (For those who don't know, I was certified to teach elementary school back in California and did for a short while before going utterly bonkers based on the fact that that just wasn't for me!)  Teaching in anyway is not a desirable career focus for me and is, in fact, the back-up day-job.  There are so many more things I'd rather do to earn money.  Loving children, as I do, is not the issue.  I really just don't enjoy teaching, good as it as I may be, I really don't.

So, why am I keeping on with the renewal process, despite the crazy hoops I still have to go through to achieve that in no way whatsoever desired goal?

Because I started it.  And, the Universe, God (dess), the Divine is pressing on me to finish well.  For reasons that I do not know, because I foresee more work coming to me in the areas of my passion in a lucrative sense.  But, who knows?  All I know is what I'm supposed to do this minute, to finish well.

That's what's defined as faith, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment