Sunday, February 22, 2015

Girlhood Crush!

A little about me:  My name is Jill Summerfield, I'm 29 years old, newly married, and has just achieved my dream of running my own law firm.  Its small but its just beginning, who knows what the future will bring?

My husband, David, is my childhood sweetheart (well, one of them) and the man who got me started thinking seriously about law as a career.  I remain still fairly close with my best friend from high school, Debbie, or as she likes to be called these days, Wind-Passer or no, wait, Wind-Dancer.  (I think that's right.)  We are as close as can be expected with the fact that she lives across the Pacific in Hawaii and I live and work in the beautiful San Francisco.  She works for money in a restaurant and paints, smokes, and who knows what else by night.  I believe she is very talented and just wish she would do more with her life...this is a source of major contention and disagreement between both of us as to what "more in life" really means, and basically, has been since we were teenagers!

When all is said and done, I feel as if Debbie is more a sister than a friend and her involvement in my life is without question.


Debbie and I bonded when we were girls together over our mutual love of music, especially The Beatles.  She patiently stood by while I gushed over the amazing John Lennon and, for that matter, still have the same adoring affections for the man to this day.  Although my obsession has tamed a bit since my youth, I still find myself pulling out my old records and listening to such favorites as "All You Need is Love", "Yesterday", and "Because" especially during moments of stress.


Although the divorce and subsequent marriage of John Lennon to Yoko Ono was shocking, to say the least, I really admire and believe in their message of "Give Peace a Chance" and "Make Love, Not War".  I see these truths as vital to the change we need to make in the world, starting with ourselves first and then allowing that to move outwards.

And, then the shocking news came....


Jill Summerfield is a character from the play, "Loving John Lennon" written by Darlene Ensor which will be read at Paschal Winery on February 28th and March 1st at 7 pm.  The play is directed by Michael Meyer and stars Brittany Bosworth, McKenzie Baratta, Lia Dugal, Kristen Lorange, Diane Nichols, and Becky Durango.  The show includes musical guest, Chiron O'Keefe.  Ten Dollars admission fee at the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment