Thursday, September 7, 2023

Ally #support #liftup #standfor

 


Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (Lyrics)

You are somebody that we don't know
But you're comin' at my friends like a missile
Why are you mad when you could be GLAAD? (You could be GLAAD)
Sunshine on the street at the parade
But you would rather be in the dark ages
Makin' that sign must've taken all night


I am an ally, it means more than you think.

I am a person that stands up for and with my beloved LGBTQAI friends, of which I align myself with the "A" portion, as a matter of truth.  I honor all gender identities and allow others to live their truth authentically and freely.  Furthermore, I will continue to offer assistance in anyway so that they may continue in this freedom. 


I stand against racism and bigotry of any form.  I am completely against hatred and the infliction of violence on another based on the difference of ethnic background and color of the skin. 


As a person with a dual mental illness diagnosis and physical health issues, I act as an ongoing volunteer advocate for those unable to speak up or be heard for whatever reason or cause.  I believe that our illnesses are not disempowering but are vessels to guide us towards our utmost capability to thrive.  Mental illness, therefore, is an illness like no other and I will continue to fight to erase all stigma.


But, wait there's more!  

As a former Christian fundamentalist with less years in than out, I stand in the gap for those coming out of such life-style, am a proud Ex-Fundie Safety Zone, and hold space during the emotionally fraught process of deconstruction.  


As a survivor of domestic abuse and intimate partner violence from a myriad of sources, I align myself with other survivors whether within my circle of friends or without for the express purpose that together we may help each other heal, overcome, reign victorious, and truly thrive.

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
So I sat quietly, agreed politely
I guess that I forgot I had a choice
I let you push me past the breaking point
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything
You held me down, but I got up (Hey)
Already brushing off the dust
You hear my voice, your hear that sound
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground
You held me down, but I got up (Hey)
Get ready cause I had enough

Proceeds from the sales of this merchandise will benefit The Trevor Project & NAMI-Southern Oregon.








No comments:

Post a Comment