Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Nate & Laura & How They Met


Act Two, Scene One

Exterior: Street, Outside Lucy's house

(Ashley walks down the street, smiling to herself.  She stops out front of Lucy's house and looks up driveway towards Nate's granny unit.)

CLOSE UP:Ashley nodding resolutely.

WIDE: Ashley walking up driveway

Cut to: Ashley knocking on Nate's door, He opens it.

NATE

Ashley?

ASHLEY

Can we talk?

NATE

Sure come in.

(Nate lets Ashley in.)

CLOSE UP: Nate's door closed.

Cut to: Ashley leaving Nate's house, a few minutes later, waving at him, he's at the door, waving good-bye.

POV: Ashley walking down driveway

(Nate3 pops his head over fence.)

NATE3

Ashley?

ASHLEY

Nate! Hi!

NATE3

What brings you by?

ASHLEY

Just something I had to sort out with Nate, is all.  Look, I'm sorry I wasn't really...was kind of distant the other day, just had some things to deal with.

NATE3

Everything okay?

ASHLEY

Yeah, for now.  So, what's new with you?

NATE3

Moved back in with the parents, for now.

ASHLEY

Yeah.  You still with...um?

NATE3

No, she left.

ASHLEY

She left?

NATE3

Yep, she left.  That's about it.

ASHLEY

Wow, dude, what a bitch.

NATE3

Yeah, its...she's...ancient history.  But how are you? Still in school?

ASHLEY

Yeah, about to graduate.

NATE3

Nice.  Congratulations.  I'm proud of you, I really am.

ASHLEY

Thanks.

NATE3

Hey, would you like some coffee or something?

ASHLEY

Or something?

Nate3

I've got some made over here, if you would like.

ASHLEY

I'll come around.

NATE3

I'll meet you in the front.

ASHLEY

Coffee cup in hand?

NATE3

Yeah, maybe.

Cut to: Ashley at Nate3's front door, knocking, he opens, smiles.  They embrace.

Fade out.

Fade in: Lucy, Kiyah, Laura, and Samantha approach kiyah's house, they are in their morning workout clothes, from previous scene.  They are chatting idly.

LAURA

I've got to hit the showers, girls, my bosses are real tightwads about lateness and such.

LUCY

Hey, I resemble that remark.

KIYAH

Yeah!

LAURA

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

Cut to: Shower running, Kiyah and Samantha sitting at kitchen table, drinking coffee, working on their computers.

Pov: Kiyah, looking at her email

(She opens an email to reveal a flyer for a spiritual retreat in Bellingham, WA.  "Find healing and awareness of your true self.")

CLOSE UP:Kiyah nodding and smiling resolved

POV: Samantha working on shotlist for webseries and her production company details, a facebook message pings, she flips over, its from Her Nate.

CLOSE UP: Samantha smiling, excitedly

Wide: Kiyah's kitchen table, samantha and kiyah working away, Laura enters dressed, yet toweling dry her hair.

Cut to: Lucy driving into drive way, getting out of car, sees Ashley leaving Nate3's house

LUCY

Ashley?

CLOSE UP: Ashley, smiling mysteriously

Cut to: Ashley approaching Kiyah's house, knocks

Cut to: Kiyah's kitchen, Ashley knocking

KIYAH

I wonder who that could be.

ASHLEY

Its me! I have some news.

KIYAH

Oh, come in, Ashley!

(Ashley enters kitchen.)

ASHLEY

Hey girls, great news!

SAMANTHA

(not looking up from her computer)

Um, yeah, what?

ASHLEY

Don't sound too enthusaistic.

LAURA

Well, what is it, Ashley?

ASHLEY

He's single!

LAURA

Who is? Nate?

KIYAH

I wouldn't believe it.

ASHLEY

Well, yes, Nate, but not the one you are thinking about.

SAMANTHA

(looking up)

Come again?

Ashley

You know, Nate, that lives next door to Lucy's house?

KIYAH

There's a Nate that lives next to Lucy? Another Nate?

ASHLEY

Yeah, he was there when we went over, he's been there on and off for years, his parents live there...

SAMANTHA

There is yet another Nate? Careful what you pray for, like they say.

LAURA

So, what about this Nate?

ASHLEY

So, I always felt things for him, like a bell would ring, I know you all think that's crazy, what am I saying, of course you don't!

KIYAH

What? I don't follow---

ASHLEY

Nothing, never mind.  So, yeah a few years back, I met him while I was babysitting for Lucy, but he was with this chic, then they ran off and got married...but now he's back and unattached so....

SAMANTHA

So, what? You slept with him?

Flashback: Ashley getting out of Nate3's bed

ASHLEY

Not exactly.

Cut to: Kiyah's kitchen

LAURA

What does that mean? Oh....Oh, I see.

SAMANTHA

Ashley, you dirty little dog.

LAURA

But what about...what about, you know...

(Laura motions towards her stomach.)

ASHLEY

Yeah, um, false alarm?

Cut to: Nate outside Adam's preschool, pushing stephen in stroller, his phone beeps "ringtone is a bell sound".

Cut to: Close up on Nate's phone, text from Laura: Hey, Nate, sorry I ran out the other day.  Can we meet up and talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment