Wednesday, July 1, 2015

you told me, they told me



you told me i would find love, but i felt lost
you told me i would find acceptance, but i felt judgment
you told me i would find family, but i felt alone

you told me i could think for myself, but i couldn't
you told me i could leave at any time, but i was trapped
you didn't tell me to drink the kool-aid, but you did

you told me that the world had ended, but it hasn't
you told me out there i would find no love, but i have
you told me out there would be no peace, but there is

you told me that i wouldn't find freedom, but i did
you told me that you would always be there, but you left
you told me that you would accept me no matter what, but you didn't

they warned me that it was a cult, but i couldn't hear
they loved me & didn't force me to leave, but i did
they told me they would accept me no matter what, and they did

No comments:

Post a Comment