Sunday, August 17, 2014

7 Days of Gratitude

Of recent days, I've been feeling a little bit of a slump, depression is the clinical word.  Whether this has to be with being overly tired from a busy week of "movie-making" or the passing of Robin Williams or even both, doesn't matter.  What came to mind as a possible solution (one of many) was to start writing a daily gratitude list in my journal, which then brought about the thought that maybe I should share this thankfulness for the next seven days on this 'here' blog.  Instead of or in addition to posting about my ideas on acting, character bios, my times in the "cult", or other aspects of past abuse, or occasionally a plug on "gluten-free eats" (which this blog is somewhat about but not entirely), I decided to put the focus on the gratitude aspect, using the #12 as a limit because, well, as of next Saturday there will be officially twelve doctors so, well, that makes sense to me.  

So, without further ado, here goes:

1.) the purple pen I use is epic to write with and indeed makes everything more colorful.

2.) the word "epic"

3.) my ability to write on different levels, ie sexual exploration, Doctor Who fan fiction, spiritual seekings of all varieties, and, of course, my labor of love

4.) the fact that my current partner gives me the time & space I need to create is an act of love from him and I let him have the time to play his cheesy games is an act of love from me

5.) the fact that I don't "have" to clean the kitchen, that I am not a "house-wife" but get to clean the kitchen and make things look nice or rather clean and organized

6.) the thought that I am going to make zucchini bread this week & that I almost referred to it as "bikini bread"

7.) my friends, all of them.  the real ones.  When they are happy & healthy, especially.

8.) for days off

9.) the fact that I am becoming financially independent & secure

10.) My nieces, especially.  Always.  

11.) My cats, Leo & Tansy.  And good books

12.) For the Doctor, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment