Thursday, January 18, 2024

Sharing Is Caring #recovery #authentichealing #healingtothriving


I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath 
Scared to rock the boat and make a mess
 So I sat quietly, agreed politely

I am a strange one.  Perhaps its the long unfolding journey of recovery I have been on since 2006 when diagnosed with Bipolar, wherein the years unfolding I found myself in a myriad of support group and therapy sessions and found the healing value of authentic sharing.  Truly, Sharing is Caring! Since then, I have never ceased to find value in true, meaningful, and lasting connection with others who have walked a path of tumult similar to mine.  From NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) support groups, to reaching out to my ex-husband's other ex-wife whom I had never met when I was traveling the difficult process of separating, filing a restraining order, from him, to creating a variety of Facebook groups around 'religious trauma, emotional abuse, mental illness, women growing older, to finding value in re-connecting with old friends leaving the church I was in, I have discovered that this is not necessarily the course of action that others follow.

Many, it would appear, when leaving a stressful situation, deal with the conflict in the moment, set themselves free, perhaps attend some one on one therapy, and move forward with life.  Yet, for me, in my own personal experience, there is so much more value in authentic openness and sharing with other survivors.  There is laughter, holding space in attentive listening, bringing about this immense relief and power of freedom in one's recovery.


I guess that I forgot I had a choice 
I let you push me past the breaking point 
I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

It is such that I have embarked on weekly recording myself reading through the journals I have written in since 'I was old enough to hold a pen or pencil', (See: Journaling Through The Years) while maintaining the privacy of others mentioned throughout, I dive deep into my inner psyche throughout every stage of my life and reveal, finding that in bringing to the light the darkness truly does lose its power.  This is done not without a sense of shame or remorse, but with the desire to be free from such so that I may continue my life with a lightness of being.

It is with that in mind I continue forward, becoming a facilitator for NAMI's Connection Recovery Support Group, wherein a group of individuals living with mental health conditions of every sort, will gather together each week to find support and hope in their journeys, a family of sorts will be built.  As well, my preparations for the Cafe-Girl Thriving Artists "Artist Soul Coaching & Workshops" where artists of every variety will work upon themselves through the dynamic healing power of all artistic forms, developing true community, and freedom within. (For more: www.cafegirlproductionsinc.com)

Coming alongside you, I invite you to embrace the freedom and healing power found within sharing, being truly heard, and finding the pain of the darkness dissipating, fading away.

You held me down, but I got up (hey) 
Already brushing off the dust 
You hear my voice, you hear that sound 
Like thunder, gonna shake the ground




 

No comments:

Post a Comment