Monday, February 21, 2022

Be Positive?

 


No sugar coating it, the world is one messed up place right now.  Climate change, droughts and the west coast now has five seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fire), a global pandemic continuing to spread, divisions world-wide on that as well as other political and social issues like never before (or at least as visibly seen), sister against sister, brother against brother, friends turned into enemies, our country on the brink of starting world war three with Russia....maybe....


So, can one truly 'be positive'?  How am I truly positive in the wake of all this? Am I blind or ignorant? Not in the least, but I choose to not allow myself to dwell in a state of helplessness and hopelessness.  I choose to do what I can each day to better myself and what is before me.  That is all I can do.  
This scene from Night Court has been my personal motto: Dan comforts Harry  Specifically, Dan's line: "We can only do what the law allows us to do, that's it" inspires me, motivates me, gets me every time.  And, yes, Night Court is my Numero Uno fandom from my wee childhood days playing pretend Night Court in my basement, so, yes, life lessons galore pour over me with that show, but I think the lesson can apply to all of us.  

"We can only do what the law allows us to do, that's it," says Dan. And, I take it to mean, there is only one of each of us and before us only what we CAN do, nothing more, that's it.  Focus on today, take care of you, of what's around you, seek the beauty in what's in front, seek to discover love within, and let that drive you to love without.  I say with Dan Fielding, 'That's it, it's that simple. Truly it is.'


For myself, I rise each morning to morning yoga and mindfulness meditation, I seek healthy and nourishing food, I exercise daily, I read and take in healthy content, I seek to truly see those around me that I love and who love me back, whose influence is receiving and freely giving without conditions.  From that, the ability to make a change extends outward naturally, weekly I drive down to my local recycling center to unload as much as I can to reduce waste and my footprint upon Mother Earth, I place old food and bird seed out for the animals as well as dishes of water when needed, I cultivate a garden and plant trees, (no longer do I purchase a cut Christmas tree but now do only living each year), I make birthday and holiday cards for all my family and beloved friends, I create film and media projects that uplift and inspire those I love as well as myself, and currently I am running a fundraiser for my dear friend, Michael: Help Michael & MeMe Thrive

It truly is that simple.  Focus on yourself first and then freely the answers to make a difference for the better will come.  Breathe in, breathe out.  Just be and the light of living in the positive, despite the circumstances of hardship whatever they be, will arrive.


Why are there so many
Songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side
Rainbow's are visions
But only illusions
And rainbows have nothing to hide
So we've been told and some Choose to believe it
But I know they're wrong wait and see
Someday we'll find it
The Rainbow Connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me






No comments:

Post a Comment