Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Boy At The Cafe




In the midst of each season of my life, I find myself with a mocha, a cappucino, a latte, looking out the window of a cafe with life passing by, in stillness, a form of meditation, a chance to pause in reflection of memories past with boys met at cafes, that came and went with the shattering of a door, my heart broken...

I sit here in yet another coffee shop and as always there is a boy...but this time, this boy, was a friendship more successful than cafe boys past, one to last despite separation and life's changing tides; of greetings and good-byes, entrances and exits.  

There will be other Barista boys and Coffee-Shop Crushes, as in days long past, each with a lesson to learn, whether pleasant or hard which will bring self-growth--



But this Barista Boy, my friend, Justin, helped bring healing and closure to a chapter of my life by his smiles and tips for life, amidst the lovely espresso drinks, which ushered me into the next great adventure, the next chapter. 

So, thank you, dear Justin, and best wishes on this new chapter of your life.  Keep "running" after your dreams in the "great race" that is your journey!  Our lives crossed in this time, in this season, so we could both "begin again".  




Always remember, you have a home not just in Ashland but in my heart.

Justin Walker is a former Barista and Coffee Boy at Rogue Valley Roasting Company and now works as a meteorologist for the National Geographic.

The Rogue Valley Roasting Company is a locally owned coffee shop in Ashland, Oregon.


No comments:

Post a Comment