Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our Greatest Enemy is Fear!

The buzz around town has been that we are, tried and true, living in da 'end times.  This comes as no surprise to me as starting my walk with God in the church in 2001, the study of escotology was all the rage.  Seems like every bible study or service talked about the impending rapture, or catching up of the church.  In fact, perhaps, a believer became a follower of Christ not merely because of HIS LOVE and FORGIVENESS but for fire insurance, who can know?

So, I went through a period of watching the news and pouring through the Book of Revelation and the prophets looking for clues to match up with the times claiming this was the end.  This is a far cry from my pre-Christ era when I would read and watch the news to try to guess what jokes would be tossed around on late-night television shows, and yet, Christian talk of end times, brought many a joke on late-night television shows and in secular circles.

But, now in my walk with God, I am more focused on the here and now, the present moment.  For, I cannot go back to my past or change it and the future is yet to be formed and out of my line of sight, so today is all I have.  I do not live my life in the dread that it is my last, but simply enjoy my time loving God, the world he gave me, and ALL of the PEOPLE he has placed in my life.

So, now it seems the spread of the end times views has reached the so-called unbelievers.  As I read Revelation, I am struck not by the fear of what's to come but by the promise of Christ that He will not only win but His promise to help us overcome so that "we may eat of the tree of life".

So, my dear sojourners on ye spiritual path, Fear not, and may the mercies of God be upon you to bring you to his love, grace, and patience.  He is with you now and until the end of time.

He who has ears, let him hear

No comments:

Post a Comment