Saturday, April 14, 2012

His Will or the Highway?

"Your kingdom come, Your will be done."  Matthew 6:10

As I look towards the future and pray for direction, whether it be in job-related activities, art, writing, family, health, I am reminded by this scripture that He knows better than me the path I am to take, and in fact, it is Him who sees the entire purpose of what I go through today and how it will impact the days to come.

What I pray for, is abundance of blessings, as He calls us to pray; not to pray that God would award me with a million dollars or a brand new car, as if I am owed such a thing, as if those things have matter.  But, rather that I would go beyond the poverty line of faith, that I would accept Him at his word that he has storehouses of riches and blessings and promises for me in Heaven.  That I wouldn't wait Heaven to see what I have missed out on in this life.

So, with this knowledge, I seek His will and perfect plan for my life, abiding in him minutely, hourly, daily.  In all I do during the day and have going on in my life, I just trust that it will all work out according to His purposes.  I pray that my heart will be so aligned with His that all that I desire would be in alliance with His heart.  Whatever I hope for today, I hope tomorrow it will work out for the greater good of the kingdom in Heaven and in Earth.

I don't know, maybe what you are going through, whether success or struggle, you can rest in the promise that it will all work out for good, if we hope and have faith.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:14

He who has ears to hear, let him hear

No comments:

Post a Comment