Thursday, April 12, 2012

So, how do you make gluten-free chocolate chip cookies?

I've been trying off and on for months, whenever I can afford good chocolate chips and whenever I find that mad craving, like the other night I dreamed I had gooey gooey chocolate chip cookies, and ate them all as quick as can be.  That was a dream...but when I try to make it, they come out all flat and burned, never like the pictures you see in magazines or cookbooks.  I seem to be able to make brownies and cakes, but the art of chocolate chip cookies evades me.

The other night I tried to make gluten-free graham cracker brownies (did you know there are actually, really, bona-fide gluten-free graham crackers now? PTL), however, tried and, could I say, failed...my husband and I ended up eating all the chocolate chips and graham crackers...we couldn't resist and me having this nasty nagging hanging on cold, I seem to be a little tired to cook, oh well, life goes on.  But, I am starting to feel better, after garlic-gluten-free-buffalo burgers, I coughed up some flem (yay, aren't you glad you just read that?) and then fell fast asleep on clean sheets and woke up with the sniffles and such and such gone.
But, here is another gross part, when I went #2, blood came out and what do you say to that, (after gagging and maybe barfing), its because I ate gluten, in what, sadly, girl scout cookies.  Yes, its true but I can no longer enjoy the deliciousness of girl scout cookies.  (Too bad, they aren't actually made of girl scouts, hey, wait a minute!)

Anyway, prayers and good thoughts are requested.  God has opened up several doors for me to work close to home in Ashland (actually within walking distance, if I can get up early enough) basically self-employed.  Already, I have two nanny jobs that pay well, hopefully, with increasing hours and am waiting on a caregiving job which is mostly in the bag!  Today, I have applied for a weeding/pet sitting job, a tutoring job, and, even, a modeling job.  So, fingers crossed, prayers go up, and I stand, as much as I possibly can, waiting in faith. 
Yeah, doesn't it seem we are always waiting, waiting, waiting....the trick is to relax and enjoy the ride or the walk or the crawl...

And, for the past three months since this momentous year began, my husband and I have been praying for than just, Lord, provide for our needs, but for the abundant blessings and wealth, not just wordly, but spiritual...but, in fact, that not only will our needs be met, but fulfilled over and abundantly.  And, now it seems we are finally getting caught up on bills and other expenses, and with faithfulness to give out what we have, God seems to be providing just that.  (Like, for example, when I added up all my groceries in my head and then went up to pay, it came out to the exact amount that I had calculated, PTL!)

So, the message for today is: Don't just pray for the poverty line, pray for everything you can ask for and more, and trust that God will provide in accordance with his will, because, after all, hasn't he always promised us the kingdom, his entire heart, love, everything that we desire:

The Prayer of Jabez says:

Oh, that you would bless me indeed
and enlarge my territory
that your hand would be with me,
and that you would keep me from evil.

He who has ears to hear let him hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment