Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Love God, Love Others, Love Self?



"Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!" Proverbs 9ish

Where is here?  Well, the "here" referred to is our spiritual sense, the Spirit, God, Jesus, Higher Power, in however, that relates to you.  In my own experience, I seem to not be able to find wisdom in following my own understanding; as Marvin the Paranoid Android says (in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), "this will all end in tears, I know it."  And, yes, I have found that following my own will, it does.  So, yes, the moral of the story, is to seek guidance from above.  I am speaking personally here, yet "he who has ears to hear, let him hear."

I also find wisdom in "whoever is simple" as we are told to be "as little children" in our spiritual paths.  In truth, I have found that in moments of pride, I seem to be farthest from the path of the Spirit.

Randomly, I have been thinking of the idea behind the spiritual "scripture" from a different spiritual background than my own (yet they seem to be more related than otherwise believed):

"Do what thy will shall be the whole of the law.  Love is the law; Love under will."

Which, if you connect it with the greatest commandments in the Bible, you find a deeper understanding and connection and acceptance of this quotation (ha ha, meme, j/k):

"Love the Lord Your God with all your heart, mind, and spirit.  Love your neighbor as yourself."

Basically, if love is the law and we are told to Love God and others, than it follows that that should be the focus of our said religious preferences and truly the message of Jesus, simply put, to love.

You dig? Questions? Comments? Cookies? Good things to say?


No comments:

Post a Comment