Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Kanye/Kim: I've Been There. All Sides. Part Four. TW: Child Abuse


An Open Letter To The Children Of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West
(& all children with abusive parents & parents with mental health issues)


First off, I don't know you personally nor do you know me, but I have born witness to some drama between your parents through social media as many have, seen how your mother has fought for her safety as well as yours, and also have my own experience with childhood trauman and abuse that I feel a pressing need to reach out.  This is that way.

By now, you are old enough to have spent many years of your life on this planet and raised by your mother, father, various other relatives, and loved ones.  Most likely, you have born witness to many of your father's bouts with mania, depression, rage, and perhaps other mood variants.  I can imagine his instability leaves you in a place of uncertainty, perhaps fearful, confused.  As a young child, you look up to both your parents and need them to help guide you to become the person you were meant to be.  When a parent is unable to do so based on their own struggles, they are unable to be fully there for you, which, most likely, leaves you feeling lonely, lost, confused.  You see, adults' are humans too,  and just like children, some have yet to heal their own inner demons and childhood traumas before becoming parents.

Most importantly, what you need to know is:

It's Not Your Fault.

When you lie in bed at night, pulling the covers close, and hear your father yelling, when you are playing or watching TV during the day and you hear your father raging, when you read about online your father's rantings on social media:

It's Not Your Fault.

For your own health and to continue to grow into a thriving human, you must first take care of yourself.  Yes, love your father as you do, but you are not responsible for him nor are his savior.  Your mother did the right thing for herself and for each of you when she stepped out of the marriage.  She is not responsible for your father nor can she save him.  Her responsibility is for herself and, most importantly, to ensure that each of you grow up to feel cherished, loved, in an environment that is safe and enables you to truly thrive as who you were meant to be.

Throughout your life, your father will fluctuate throughout his mood swings, he may, at times, resume stability, but throughout it all, please take care of yourselves first.  Love him, encourage him to take care of himself, but love yourself and take care of yourselves first.

And remember always, his behavior and abuse towards your mother and others:

It's Not Your Fault.


This is my fight song
Take back my life song
Prove I'm alright song
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me



 

No comments:

Post a Comment