Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fall Back



The ironic thing about this time of year, when we fall back in our time, is this last week I've fallen back, rather fallen back down memory lane into the pathways of old loves long lost.

As I processed this past relationship and looked at my current life, I recalled to mind my favorite Disney movie ever, Aladdin.  The favorite mainly because of Robin Williams' character but in fact there's more reasons why.

At fourteen, listening to the title song, "A Whole New World", I wanted my own Aladdin, to come into my life, sweep me off my feet, and show me the world.  I guess a part of me was hoping for that this week.

However, now in my more grown-up perspective, I see that I don't need a man to "show me the world".  Why? Because I can do that myself.  I'm quite capable of 'seeing the world', thank you very much, Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment