Thursday, July 20, 2023

As Intended. #mindfulness #meditation



During the lockdown of 2020, I started taking yoga seriously, as well as other aspects of my health.  All aspects of health are important in the overall wellbeing, like spokes in a wheel, if one area is out of whack the others suffer.  I wasn't sure what to expect with yoga just that I had been told it had a lot of health benefits holistically and that it felt really good within my body.   I also downloaded "Serenity", a monthly meditation app aimed at helping others learn the art of mindful meditation.  Admittedly, I'm not as faithful with the Serenity app as I am with the yoga, after all, we can only do so much during a day.  Yet, the effects of the yoga have been surprisingly pleasant on my outlook on the daily grievances, highs and lows of life occurrences.  Now, I don't mean for this to be a commercial for Yoga or Meditation, rather, the effects that I have discovered therein.  In addition, Fundie, if you do Yoga, demons will not overtake you, leaving you walking away strangely spouting off Hindu and wanting to color strange symbols.  


We all face those daily annoyances, or weekly, monthly, whatever they will be.  Recently, my partner and I faced a myriad of such, like the 'Summer of Car' where not one but the majority of our vehicles ended up with some kind of maintenance or the kitchen sink being backed up for a week, the electricity bill climbing high, the well spraying water profusely but not where it is needed.  In each of these scenarios, there is a choice.  To bitch or not to bitch.  Now, feeling upset, frustrated, angry over an annoyance is natural, I am not degrading any for feeling such.  I have experienced and revealed my fair share of angry outbursts over frustrations in life.  No judgment here, friend.  But, rather, what I have discovered whilst doing Yoga is I find in myself the ability to recognize, this is what it is for now, not forever, it, too, shall pass.  

Therein, the lessons in these grievances may not be something altogether grand, maybe just maybe its in the simplicity of mindful acceptance.




No comments:

Post a Comment