Sunday, December 27, 2015

Healing Dream

I had an amazing dream right before I woke up where I had a conversation with one of my abusers, the pastor that mentally & emotionally abused me.

We were in a movie theatre & somehow I ended up sitting next to him. At first, it was somewhat amicable but then I started opening up to him about my new life.

Me: (handing him my license with new identity) See.
Him: I do not accept this person. This is not how you were created when you were born. God doesn't make mistakes.
Me: I didn't say that. But it is who I was created to be, inside. Who you knew before was just a cover.
Him: I do not accept that. I cannot be your friend anymore. You are not right with the Lord.
Me: I feel like I'm being judged by you, without you really listening to me. My whole view on life has been transformed, who I am is transformed. The way I view life and spirituality has grown. I'm open-minded--
Him: Oh, that's a red flag. You shouldn't be that. Its of the enemy--
Me: See, that's a problem with the Christian right. They have their view of certain words, without stopping to listen to what the person is saying. In fact, they never really start to listen to the person they are "trying to save". They have their script & they stick to it, based on their impressions & preconceived notions taught in their own little world of how the world is.
Him: I cannot be a close friend of yours. I can still be happy having only a exterior only connection to you. You are not right with the Lord, you are in sin. You have wandered from the path. When you were walking with the Lord, you were so happy.
Me: Actually, I haven't. If you really wanted to listen, I would tell you that, I have truly found myself, I've truly discovered & keep discovering all that it means to be spiritual, I finally feel whole, I have finally found my life purpose & my calling, my true vocation. Lastly, when you knew me then, I was not happy at all. I am happy now.

I woke up with that last comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment