Sunday, March 2, 2014

Divert Your "Madness"

I am in my early-forties and I have never ever been in a sexually united relationship, hence the feeling of hysteria, and the now nickname, "Hysteria".  My real name is Helen Burns and I live in Upper East Side New York.

My next door neighbor is Cindy Lewis, a woman attempting a life of stand-up comedy.  She, like me, feels downcast and depressed.  The apartment building is full of the down and out, rejects of society.  About our apartment building, it has often been said, "These apartments speak for themselves."

What I really need is, a really good orgasm, something Cindy, at least, has had.  However, I am too ashamed to ask for this need out of an built-in from years of Catholic upbringing sexual prudishness.

Everything in my life, due to this lack, causes fits of madness or, as mentioned before, hysteria.

Come see how my life unfolds starting next Friday, March 7th at 8 pm at the Ashland Community Center.


Diversions is part of Ashland Contemporary Theatre's 7 Shorts by Christopher Durang.  The shows are directed by Evalyn Hansen.  Other performers in Diversions are Krystal Brewer and Richard Royce.


No comments:

Post a Comment