Thursday, October 17, 2013

Introducing the Tombs!



My name is Dora Lucrezia Tomb.  I am of the Tomb family of England.  We descend from the Italian 'Tombras'.  I am the second eldest, although my younger sister, Emily, tries to rule everyone, of which I detest.

I am the closest to my brother, Lucien because I know that he is the easiest for me to control.  I just have to pout and whine and he comes to my rescue!  However, my favorite brother is Marcus because in his supposed craziness he is bold enough to tell people what he really thinks of them (Emily) and put them in their place.  Oliver is the littlest brother that I worry the most about, he lost it after our dear ma-ma passed (a cloak of suspicion hangs over my shoulders because of this).  I do not know what to do with him.  I have worked with Lucien on numerous concoctions and experiments, which we have tried on many others but to no success.  He appears to slip further into madness.

Emily is the sister I am closest to in age and the one whose presence I most loathe.  However, since she is of my own family, I do seek to remember her positive attributes buried by her hardness.  I try to remember the times when we played such childhood games as ring around the rosy, bloody mary, and the tomb favorite, how many servants can you try and poison (without any suggestion of suspicion).  Monica, though, is the dear little sister and of whom I see what I have always wanted to be.  Because of this, I applaud all her efforts at self-individualization and celebrate her victories.  She is the one sibling, besides Marcus, that I would defend to my grave.

Hamilton Penworthy and Nurse Franklin are the outsiders of the family that I have been "forced" to maintain in my own home.  Mandated by my father as necessary for the family survival, I am restrained from offering them any "home-made wine".  I resent grately their existence in my life, especially that of Nurse Franklin, who in my opinion monopolizes the attention of Marcus, whose focus would otherwise be on me, as he was my favorite childhood play-mate (We played all sorts of Shakespeare games!).

Agatha Hammond is the Mother Superior of the family and is really the one with the authority and family rule.  I do not truly know how close she was to my father, however, I suspect it went beyond the acceptable servant/master relationship.

Upon the arrival of Ermytrude Ash and her partner, Perrigine Potter, I am not only weary of how much influence they will have over my downfall (and that of the family) but uncomfortable with their impending addition to my family.  After the loss of Miss Ash, I seek to find ways to get closer to Mr. Potter in order to protect my own skin and to provide momentary satisfaction of pleasure.  I deeply resent anyone who stands in my way of this purpose, save for Monica.

My greatest ambition in life is to keep the prestige and fame of the family name, which in a sense is more about my pride and my fame.  When the family power and control begins to crumble, then so does my serene repose and quiet (yet calculating) control.

See me and my entire clan in A Tomb With A View  which opens Friday, October 25th at Barnstormers' Theatre in Grants Pass, OR.

See related link below:

https://www.facebook.com/events/649334078433144/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar




No comments:

Post a Comment