Thursday, February 21, 2013

Professional-Smoffesional!

Many friends & colleagues of mine have tossed out the word "professional actress" my way, in relation to my career--and I really must say that I, in fact, am faking it.  Well, not really.

Its just that in all of my life, I don't take it that seriously.  I hold onto this world lightly and appreciate the blessings handed down to me, the opportunities to work as both a teacher & an actress, yes, even a writer, in short, the ability to create & tap into my artistic side with the luxury of having my bills paid. 

So, I fake it.  Well, not really.  I think it comes down to the very idea that I know I am good & worth the time & the effort one puts into me.  I will work hard because I am confident that I can do whatever task is handed to me, to the best of my abilities & be proud of my efforts & the outcome.  (For I know all that has been given to me, the resources & opportunities, are provided for my learning, personal growth, & advancement of others.  (And, yes, myself, TG!)

So, in a sense, its confidence, not professionalism.  But, if you were wish be to call me "professional", I thank you with a humble heart & appreciate the thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment