Friday, March 23, 2012

A Desolate Place

God is more real to us in desolate places; he reveals himself to us in our brokenness and humility, in our times of sunshine, we sometimes become filled with false pride that hinders us from truly being aware of his presence, always with us, and less receptive to his still small voice...

These last few weeks I have been working and driving, working and driving, seemingly driving more than working, and yet feeling the increasing stress as the price of gas rises higher and higher.  As we all rightly know, we've got bills to pay and the money we fork over at the gas tank seems to make that inaccessible.

In the midst of the rush, I became too lost in my own frantic mind to remember to wait on the Lord, as a result, the stress began to overwhelm me.  I found myself, more tense, more angry, and even suicidal.  Yes, the time of the month grew closer and closer but even still the lack of God-time increased the amount of anxiety, I do admit.

As the close of that job came, I found time to sleep, meditate, and, most importantly, curl up in the Word of God and in all of this, I felt the stress lighten, the mind clear, and the heart found rest.  Truly, I must remember, as we all shall, that the physical health rests not just this earthly realm but, most importantly, in the spiritual, which in turn, gives us the nurturing health in the emotional and mental.

Truly, when we are broken, in the desolate places, we found the comfort of the Lord.  So, trust, abide, and wait on his love and grace.

Patience, for he is coming to you.  And yet, is always with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment